Cameo Concept Modeler Features

Other topics that do not fit in any of categories.

Moderator: Moderators

Cameo Concept Modeler Features

Postby torokrj » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:56 am

When using Cameo Concept Modeler (CCM), the example model recommends using subset for to repeat using the same verbiage. This makes the natural language and OWL (presumably) look like they should. However, when looking at a specification window for a block, in the attributes, you see very little. You have to open up the specification of the attribute to see that it is a subset and what it subsets. The real problem is that it shows the attribute as just blank test with no idea of what the relationship is between the too objects. Is there an option to be able to see a subset in the attribute window? Something similar for redefine would be nice as well.

My recommendation would be to put in (or have the option to see) the attributes window under association end name: "name" {subsets "name"} or "name" {redefines "name"}
torokrj
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Re: Cameo Concept Modeler Features

Postby torokrj » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Changing this to a generic CCM features request thread.

In the manual from 2017, figure 69 shows the feature of being able to drop a property onto another property to create a number of types of property relationships. This does not work from properties in the containment tree, but would make my life a lot easier if it did.
torokrj
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby torokrj » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:32 pm

I believe I've found a bug in the cameo concept modeler. In the model I was creating, I used a subproperty (subset) to an anonymous union. I think set the multiplicity to 2..*. When I ran the natural language export, it would say ...at least two occurrences of (Unnamed Class) instead of ....at least two occurrences of [subclasses].

Using CCM 18.0 SP13

I could not get the error to repeat. However, using unions, I realized a redefine would be more appropriate as the union is capturing all possibilities. This is not producing the same errors in the natural language export.
torokrj
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby torokrj » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:07 am

What is the setting for a diagram that sets which quick options are available when dragging one property onto another? I had some diagrams using the SysML options (subset/redefine) and others using the CCM options of existential/universal. I was able to fix this by making the correct CCM diagrams a default, and then applying. However, I lost some settings that I wanted when I did this. Also, I could not find a property changing in the diagram properties that would affect this.
torokrj
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Return to Other