Can't use mass/cost/power Rollup wizard for UPDM model

Discussions about UPDM functionalities

Moderators: lintut, Moderators

Can't use mass/cost/power Rollup wizard for UPDM model

Postby justin.berrier@navy.mil » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:37 am

Hello,

When I try to create a mass rollup for decomposed systems or blocks in my UPDM model, I do not have the option to select the Rollup wizard in the RMB tools window. Interestingly, I can do this if the model was strictly created as a sysml model, but when I convert it to a UPDM model the Rollup wizard option goes away. Please help.

Justin
justin.berrier@navy.mil
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Can't use mass/cost/power Rollup wizard for UPDM model

Postby Rolandas » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:02 am

Hello,

Rollup mechanism is made for SysML, so elements need to be Blocks. If you remove block stereotype, roll up stops functioning.

Regards,
No Magic Support Team
Rolandas
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:15

Postby lintut » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 am

Hello,

Rollups will be supported in UAF plugin (new version of UPDM2) in 19.0 version. Elements from UAF profile are inherited from SysML elements (e.g. Blocks), so the functionality of Rollups can be reused.

Have a nice day,
Lina Bisikirskiene
lintut
Customer Support
Customer Support

Postby justin.berrier@navy.mil » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:09 am

Thanks for the help Rolandas and Lina. Even when I change my UPDM systems to blocks, the rollup function isn't available. However, I have found that the rollup option does become available in the containment tree (still not on a diagram), but there appears to be connections missing because the systems are not talking to each other to pass their respective mass values. With a little more digging, I found if I create a generalization connection between each system and one of the rollup patterns, along with adding the respective subsetted property, the behavior works as expected, which appears to happen automatically in a sysml model. Maybe this is a quick fix until version 19.0 rolls out.

Thanks for the version 19.0 info Lina. Will look forward to having this capability natively with the UAF plugin.
justin.berrier@navy.mil
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Return to UPDM