Comment vs. Note

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Comment vs. Note

Postby ikechi.emelogu@ge.com » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:19 am

Hello ieva.n,

I've attached a project showing the custom review comments.

Thanks!!!

Ike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ikechi.emelogu@ge.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby ieva.n » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello,

I am attaching a sample project that contains generic table with a custom column "Disposition comment". It should allow you to build further columns by this example. The main difference is that we are calling not a simple comment in second line, but stereotyped comment and then reach specific tag.

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:29
Full name: Ieva

Postby keenwpatrick@gmail.com » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:58 am

Can this approach be applied to rationale as well? When I edit my custom column and add the second line, I'm selecting 'Rationale' in the first column and 'Body' in the second column. However, the rationale disappears when I accept these changes and the column becomes blank. Thank you!
keenwpatrick@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby ieva.n » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:11 pm

keenwpatrick@gmail.com wrote:Can this approach be applied to rationale as well? When I edit my custom column and add the second line, I'm selecting 'Rationale' in the first column and 'Body' in the second column. However, the rationale disappears when I accept these changes and the column becomes blank. Thank you!

Hello,

Could you please attach the project where rationale disappears? Also, please let us know what version of product are you using?

Sincerely,
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Postby keenwpatrick@gmail.com » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:48 am

Hello,

I am not able to link the project due to the information contained in it but I have included screenshots of the problems below. Thank you for the help!

I am using MD Version 18.5
keenwpatrick@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby ieva.n » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:23 am

Hello,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to modify existing column? If yes, please turn your expression dialog to Expert mode (button at the bottom left of the dialog) and you should see "Element Type" field at the top. Make sure it is set to unspecified value.

Sincerely,
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Postby keenwpatrick@gmail.com » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 am

Hello,

This yielded the same results as before in which the rationale column went blank. My goal is to have the entirety of the 'rationale' element text body show up in the column, opposed to just the first line or so.

Sincerely,

Patrick
keenwpatrick@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby ieva.n » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:17 pm

keenwpatrick@gmail.com wrote:Hello,

This yielded the same results as before in which the rationale column went blank. My goal is to have the entirety of the 'rationale' element text body show up in the column, opposed to just the first line or so.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Hello,

It is very difficult to diagnose the issue without project. I successfully display the body of Rationale in table and I am attaching the sample project. Please check the specification dialog of your Rationale - maybe information is not in "Body", but in "Documentation" or other field? Also, are you using a simple Generic table, or Requirements table?

Sincerely,
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Postby keenwpatrick@gmail.com » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:30 am

Hello,

I am using a requirements table. Would that be the source of the issue? Aside from that difference, I believe my model is set up the same way that the example provided is. The text is in fact located in the body of the rationale. Thank you for the help!

Best wishes
keenwpatrick@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby ieva.n » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am

keenwpatrick@gmail.com wrote:Hello,

I am using a requirements table. Would that be the source of the issue? Aside from that difference, I believe my model is set up the same way that the example provided is. The text is in fact located in the body of the rationale. Thank you for the help!

Best wishes

Hello,

The requirements table has limited possibilities to customize columns. Please try switching to a simple Generic table.

Sincerely,
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Previous

Return to SysML