CRUD Matrix?

Starting point for “ask and learn more about UML”

Moderator: Moderators

CRUD Matrix?

Postby paul.holland.ctr@wpafb.af.mil » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:18 am

I am new to forum and product. I have reviewed some of the information. On of the key features I am looking for is the ability to connect business processes with the data. This is typically done thru a CRUD(create, read, update, delete) capability within the tool. I have not yet come across information that relates to this capability/feature. This, imo, is critical to maintenance, sustainability, skill sets, etc for the life cycle of the software solution. Any help in directing me to this capability is appreciated.

Thank you
paul.holland.ctr@wpafb.af.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: CRUD Matrix?

Postby Edita Mileviciene » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:44 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, CRUD matrix capability is not available in MagicDraw at the moment.
We understand that having CRUD matrixes would be useful for many MagicDraw users, and this feature is included into MagicDraw future feature list. However, the implementation timeframe for these matrixes not clear yet.

Best Regards,
Edita Mileviciene
Edita Mileviciene
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:1

Postby JaneRoberts » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:35 pm

I would also like to put a plug in for CRUD matrix support also. I'm using TOGAF plug-in right now and struggling to see if I can put together some kind of System to Data matrix with the existing capabilities even if it isn't CRUD per se. No luck so far.
JaneRoberts
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Full name: Jane Roberts

Postby aurmor » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:00 am

You can build a matrix based on any relationship. So for instance if you have logical application components and data entities use operates on relationship as a criterion.

To build a matrix, firstly you need to create a blank matrix, secondly you need to define row and column elements, thirdly you need to define a model scope for rows and columns and finally you need to define a criterion. Details of how to do it are in MagicDraw User Manual section Analysis using Dependency Matrix. You can find the document in your MagicDraw installation->manual directory.
aurmor
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:4
Full name: aurmor

Postby JaneRoberts » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Thanks. The "operates on" works. I had been looking for a relationship from the other end (Data Entity) and couldn't see anything.
JaneRoberts
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Full name: Jane Roberts

Return to New to UML