CST is crashing the tool when I try to run a MATLAB script

Moderator: Moderators

CST is crashing the tool when I try to run a MATLAB script

Postby patricj » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:56 am

I've been handed a bunch of m-files, where one is the larger "integrating m-file" (it has function calls to the other m-files) and whenever I try to run the large m-file through a constraint in CST, the following sequence happens:
- MATLAB gets opened.
- The parametric solver runs.
- I see a screen saying "Starting Math Engine" (or something like that) for 5-10 minutes.
- With no error messages or anything of that sort, Cameo Systems Modeler closes. The tool just crashes.

Is this an issue with the function calls in the m-file code? If not, are there well known issues that may be causing this?

(I know the response is going to be: "Send us the model/m-files and we'll see." I'm trying to verify whether or not we can do that).
patricj
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: CST is crashing the tool when I try to run a MATLAB script

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Dear Customer,

Please try to run m-script by using the Simulation Console and select the Matlab as the language.
simMatlab.png

If it work normally, the cause of issue may be the model such as the parametric work as loop or the parameter of function invalid in runtime however it needs to investigate more.
If it doesn't work please check the m-script file by using the MATLAB.

It will be better if you can send the model for investigation but if you cannot please run the model again and send the log file to us.
The location of log file show in about window (select Help -> About MagicDraw -> Environment).

Best Regards,
No Magic Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:5

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits