DataHub DHLink Performance Issue on Spec Reload

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

DataHub DHLink Performance Issue on Spec Reload

Postby ryan.d.moar@lmco.com » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi
I initially loaded about 20 requirement specs in to my model from DOORS 9.6 using DataHub. Oneway 'Copy Data with Sync' from DOORS to Cameo. All of the specs loaded rather quickly after I mapped all of the Object Type enumerations and custom attributes to Requirement Blocks with custom stereotypes assigned. The mapping went smoothly and everything looked good in Cameo.

The issue now is while 'Checking Changes Recursively' on one of the specs I saw so many new changes that I thought it would be easier just to delete the DHLinks from the spec in the DataHub Explorer, delete the spec from my Cameo Model and then re-import the spec.

After performing these tasks I then selected the 'DataHub <DH_DataHub>' database and from Tools>DataHub I selected 'Cleanup Database'. This deleted all of the orphaned DHLinks. I also deleted the mapping for this spec from the DataHub Schema so that I could start fresh for this specific spec.

Then when I pulled the spec back over to my model using DataHub the time it took to do this increased exponentially. I'm talking many many hours. Initially this spec took about 20 minutes to come over.

Based on my process above what about it or what is it about the DataHub Database that has caused this performance hit?

Thanks,
Ryan
ryan.d.moar@lmco.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ