Datahub synchronization

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Datahub synchronization

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:25 pm

I have single requirements module that has been set up with a one way sync from DOORS (19.6) to MagicDraw (18.4)

We recently re-baselined the module so I opened the DOORS module, opened the data hub, located the module and selected "synchronise node recursively". My understanding was that this would apply any changes to the existing objects in the model since the last synchronisation.

The application status window appeared and looked to be performing some action. I left the process running for 3 hours and it still had not been completed. seemed to be stuck on "synchronizing" with the text "Synchronize new node" and the blue bar moving back and forward. I ended up cancelling the action.

I want to be sure that this is the best process to follow for resynchronization or whether I have done something wrong. At the end of the process I am expecting a report to appear and/or objects being flagged showing or high lighting changes made so I can assess the impact on the model.

Am i doing this right or am i missing something? I suspect something is not right as a update to the mapping should not take so long.
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Datahub synchronization

Postby supatp » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:06 am

Hello,

Since the synchronization process is not successfully done, so the report is not shown.
What is the size of the module that you're synchronized?

Best Regards,
Supat P.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:10

Re: Datahub synchronization

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:51 pm

Some more detail:

The module has 992 objects
It is nested in some places down to: 7 levels (5 on average)
The java version we are using is: 8.01020.14
Cameo DataHub plugin Build - 78763
MagicDraw 18.4 SP1.
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ