dependencies when exporting a package

General discussions about teamwork

Moderator: Moderators

dependencies when exporting a package

Postby james.e.hopper@leidos.com » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:06 pm

We have a large project on the teamwork cloud server which has gotten so that it takes 45 minutes to load. We would like to break this down into modules so that folks can load and work on smaller parts while maintaining an upper-level project which uses the pieces. When i do the export and let it do the dependency analysis it shows lots of errors which I do not understand. I have links such as A->B which should be ok as i am exporting B, and I can not find any links B->A even though the dependency analysis showing a set of cyclic dependencies. Either I am not reading the output of the analysis correctly, or i don't know what it means by a cyclic dependency. The documentation recommends removing all dependencies which i assume means B->A dependencies. We envision a certain amount of hierarchical dependencies as we might factor out all the shared stuff into one place, then other packages would use that, while sometimes C->B->A would exist, but not B->C or A->C. Can someone help clarify for me how this is supposed to work?
james.e.hopper@leidos.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: dependencies when exporting a package

Postby ieva.n » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:47 am

Hello,

The answer to your question was provided in the customer support ticket you have created, https://support.nomagic.com/browse/MDUMLCS-28167 .

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Re: dependencies when exporting a package

Postby james.e.hopper@leidos.com » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Thanks
james.e.hopper@leidos.com
Forum Newbie