Deriving Properties of Element using script

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Deriving Properties of Element using script

Postby c.g.jones@fnc.co.uk » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:41 am

Hi,

I wish to define a property on an element formulaically (much like how you can define the condition of a Legend Item). For example, I could write a script to count the number of incoming links to an element, and display this on the element.

I can do this using a 'traceability property', however it only works at element level. I have hundreds of requirements for which I wish to define a derived property using a script, so this is not feasible. I have tried creating a new stereotype and defining the derived property by creating a new 'traceability property' at stereotype level, however new elements of this type do then not have the traceability property.

I would appreciate any help you can provide!

Thanks
c.g.jones@fnc.co.uk
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Deriving Properties of Element using script

Postby ieva.n » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello,

In our experience, creating the Derived Property under Traceability in Requirement will show it for all Requirement type elements. Could you please give us the sample when you do not see derived property, are these elements the same type, do they all have the Expert or All mode set in specification Window, what version of product are you using and any other information that might be helpful for us.

Also, you might want to save and reload the project after creating a derived property.

Sincerely,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:29
Full name: Ieva

Return to SysML