Display of «optional» stereotype

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Display of «optional» stereotype

Postby daniel.carlock@collins.com » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:41 pm

The «optional» stereotype is supported by CSM (see SysML Profile.mdzip > Activities > Optional [Parameter].
Its description states: "When the «optional» stereotype is applied to parameters, the lower multiplicity must be equal to zero. This means the parameter is not required to have a value for the activity or any behavior to begin or end execution. Otherwise, the lower multiplicity must be greater than zero, which is called “required.”

So in an activity diagram, I specified that the lower multiplicity of an input pin is zero. I expected that the «optional» keyword would appear above the displayed multiplicity, but it does not.
Conversely, I set the multiplicity as unspecified, but when I right-click on the input pin, the shortcut menu does not offer «optional» as an option (however, it does offer Discrete, Continuous, NoBuffer, and Overwrite).

I finally figured it out. Here's how I did it:
1) Show Auxiliary Resources in the model Containment tree browser. Locate the Optional stereotype under the Activities package of SysML Profile.mdzip
2) In the activity diagram, select the action pin (or activity parameter) and open its Specification window
3) Manually drag the Optional stereotype element from the containment tree onto the Applied Stereotype field within its Specification, and close.
daniel.carlock@collins.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0
Full name: Dan Carlock

Return to SysML