DOORS custom attributes only show up in Owned Element?

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

DOORS custom attributes only show up in Owned Element?

Postby john.robert.howell@rockwellcollins.com » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:49 pm

I'm using DataHub to sync requirements from DOORS 9.5 to MagicDraw
I created a stereotype Class in a custom profile in a standalone project and included it in my test project. The stereotype contains attributes for a number of custom attributes in our DOORS requirements document. I got it to work by creating a class in my test project and applying the stereotype from my requirements profile.
A class is created for each DOORS object. The class has my stereotype applied. The class itself only contains the Name and Documentation (requirement text).
All the custom attributes are in an instance of the created class which shows up under Appplied Stereotype Instance and under Owned Element. Within this instance element the other paramters appear in the Specification under Slot and under Owned Element. Is this normal? I would expect attributes to show up in the requirement Class element as an Attribute.
john.robert.howell@rockwellcollins.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: DOORS custom attributes only show up in Owned Element?

Postby supatp » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:29 am

Dear John,

Basically when you import as Class with applied stereotype for additional attributes, those attributes should be under Tags section of the specification like the image below.
tag.png

"All the custom attributes are in an instance of the created class which shows up under Appplied Stereotype Instance and under Owned Element."
I'm not sure whether you mean the same thing? If not, is it possible to send us the screenshot?

Best Regards,
Supat P.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:10

Postby john.robert.howell@rockwellcollins.com » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:41 am

Here is the class specification, which has the created instance under "Owned Element" and under "Applied Stereotype Instance". You can't see it here, but Owned Attribute is empty.
If I open the specification for the instance :RC_Requirement, then I see the additional attributes in that specification under "Owned Element" and under "Slot".
Is this how it is supposed to be?
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby supatp » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:38 am

Basically, DataHub should not create any other element type out of what you have mapped.
We're not sure why there's instance specification element created under the Class.
Could you have the screen shot of the schema map to review?

1. Click menu Tools> DataHub> Schema Map Manager...
2. Browse into DOORS> [data source]> and select the Object where you have imported.
It should look like this.

schemanmap.png

Best Regards,
Supat P.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:10

Postby john.robert.howell@rockwellcollins.com » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Attaching a screen capture of the schema map manager
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ