El. at path "Default::Logger" exp. to be of "Interface" type

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

El. at path "Default::Logger" exp. to be of "Interface" type

Postby smadirondack » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm getting the following when reverse engineering a code set. This is way out of my knowledge base. I'm imagining that this has to do with possibly multiple "Logger" "entities" (one maybe a class and another maybe and interface) that were not found and so put in the model tree under "Default."

I hope to resolve all the missing class references. But if I can't what should I do to make this be as it should?

Element at path "Default::Logger" expected to be of "Interface" type
Element at path "Default::Logger" expected to be of "Interface" type
Element at path "Node" expected to be of "Interface" type
Element at path "Default::Path" expected to be of "Interface" type

Thanks, Scott
smadirondack
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: El. at path "Default::Logger" exp. to be of "Interface" type

Postby egiva » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:10 am

Scott,

You are right, if reference is not found in the code engineering workspace, then usually class is created in *Default* package. If later on class reference is found to be used as interface (for example "implement" clause), then message about incompatibility is shown. The simplest ways could be to change Default::Logger type to interface: *right click on class-> Refactor-> Convert To-> Interface*.

Another way is to correct your reverse workspace. Check if you have included required jar in your reverse classpath at "Options-> Project-> Code Engineering-> Java Language Properties-> Classpath". If jar is added to this classpath, then class must be reversed correctly.

You can try to combine your jars as MagicDraw modules, either. Reverse third part libraries (which contains Logger class), export library package as module (right click on package-> Modules-> Export). Later you can import this module in any another project and classes will be fetched from the module. Note, that exported module must have "modelLibrary" stereotype (it is applied automatically, when you specify "Working package" in code engineering set) , else code engineering won't find classes.
Best Regards,
Egidijus Vaisnora
egiva
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:0

Return to Code engineering