Export Newly Created Requirements Table Column for Reports

Uploaded report templates and discussions about reports.

Moderators: sarawut_w, Moderators

Export Newly Created Requirements Table Column for Reports

Postby jallen34@peraton.com » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Hello,

I am attempting to generate a requirements document using the "Requirements Report" template that exist in Report Wizard (simply made changes to fit company template). In order to show a "Rationale" column in the model's Requirement Table, I created a "Rationale" stereotype and made it a "string" type. This extra column allows me to nicely export my requirements into an Excel file. My issue is that now I want to put the Rationale information into a Word "Requirements Report" and I do not know how to grab that column the same way the template naturally grabs a "Verify Method" or "Derived" column.

What should I do to the Requirement Report template code in order for it to allow me the ability to pull information from newly created columns?

I have attached a few screenshots showing how my new column fits into my table and the specifications and location of my "Rationale" element.

I appreciate your time and please let me know if you require more information to resolve this issue.

~J.A.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jallen34@peraton.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Export Newly Created Requirements Table Column for Reports

Postby matt.systemize » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:36 am

I may not be answering your exact question but this may get you what you need without any customization.

The Requirement Report displays Rationale when you anchor a <<Rationale>> element to a Requirement. Rationale already exists in the tool pallet.

See pics with reqs diagram and related existing report.

Thks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matt.systemize
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:3

Postby sarawut_w » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Hello,

For getting stereotype property value, you would rather need $report.getStereotypePropertyString(element,stereotypeName,propertyName).
https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD190SP4/Report+tool#Reporttool-$report.getStereotypePropertyString(element,stereotypeName,propertyName).

Code: Select all
#foreach($r in $Requirement)
Requirement: $r.id $r.name
Text: $r.text
Rationale: $report.getStereotypePropertyString($r, “Rationale”, “Rationale”)
#end

Best regards,
Sarawut W.
Support Engineer
sarawut_w
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:45

Postby jallen34@peraton.com » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:19 pm

Thanks Sarawut!
The
Code: Select all
$report.getStereotypePropertyString($r, “Rationale”, “Rationale”)
line of code was exactly what I needed!

matt.systemize,
I appreciate your help as well. What you provided is very useful so I appreciate you taking the time to help. Currently, my team and I have been adding new columns (not just Rationale) to most of our model's tables. So, understanding how to generate reports that included all the data from our new columns was essential for my team's work and not just my personal Rationale work.

Have a great day and be safe!
J.A.
jallen34@peraton.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jeanm.itchell191@gmail.com » Tue May 11, 2021 2:28 am

matt.systemize wrote:I may not be answering your exact question but this may get you what you need without any customization.

The Requirement Report displays Rationale when you anchor a <<Rationale>> element to a Requirement. Rationale already exists in the tool pallet.

See pics with reqs diagram and related existing report.

Thks

I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.

Kroger eSchedule
jeanm.itchell191@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Report Engine