Foreign Keys in Reverse Engineered Model

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

Foreign Keys in Reverse Engineered Model

Postby digitalreef » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:10 am

I am evaluating MagicDraw for DDL modeling purposes. I am trying to import a database schema from Postgres to MagicDraw to visualize the tables and the relationships between them. I successfully imported the tables but I cannot see any of the relationships between them as indicated by foreign key constraints in the schema. If I have two tables A and B with B referring to A, I see the fields of both in the diagram but the relationship between them is not shown. Its almost as if MagicDraw isn't seeing the foreign key constraint at all. Do I need to do something special to visualize these?

I am using MagicDraw 17 Architect with Postgres 8.1.
digitalreef
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Foreign Keys in Reverse Engineered Model

Postby PauliusGrigaliunas » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:48 am

Hello,

please use newer jdbc drivers, as old drivers shipped with MD does not support foreign keys. New drivers can be found here: http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html#current
To change drivers, just double click on your Postgres Engineering Set, select 'Driver files' field and add there new jdbc drivers. If you do not delete old drivers, make sure new drivers are first in the list as MD will use first drivers it finds.

Paulius
PauliusGrigaliunas
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:0

Return to Code engineering