From XSD to WSDL file

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

From XSD to WSDL file

Postby bartosz.wisniowski@pl.ey.com » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi,
Currently I have a WSDL Diagram modelled in MagicDraw software. With the help of ‘code engineering sets’ I am trying to generate a WSDL file.
According to that I have two important questions.
Firstly, how to create ‘XSD generic object’ strictly inside the MagicDraw. Does anyone know any blocks or objects in WSDL DIAGRAM which can serve as XSD file?
For the second how to link the external ‘.XSD’ file to the ‘.WSDL’ file created in MagicDraw. I am wondering If there exist such an objects or options in 'MD WSDL block diagram' which can contain namespace or something simillar?

Thanks for all help
bartosz.wisniowski@pl.ey.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: From XSD to WSDL file

Postby gedkvi » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:11 am

Hello again,

as i mentioned in the thread adding-type-and-fault-in-wsdl-diagram-t4374.html XSD code engineering capabilities are available with Cameo Data Modeling plugin. You can create your own XSD files in a model and then generate them. There is also a reverse function. The diagram is called XML Schema.
WSDL is somewhat connected to XSD, but it so happens that in order to manipulate XSD related model you need that additional plugin, WSDL alone is not enough.
As for the second part of the question, please also refer to the thread above. It has an explanation of how to use .XSD file.

Sincerely,
NoMagic Customer Support
gedkvi
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:7

Return to Code engineering