Group Element Selection and Resize Gesture

Suggested improvements and new features.

Moderator: Moderators

Group Element Selection and Resize Gesture

Postby knlaursen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:49 am

Maybe this is already in the tool, I'm still discovering things. But that said, here's what I'd like to be able to do:

Select all symbols of a given type. Example, converting SysML blocks to UPDM system, I would like to select all blocks so I can reapply stereotype more efficiently/in bulk.

Have a keyboard or mouse gesture that lets me apply best fit (i.e. little black box on lower right) to multiple selected symbols concurrently.

Thanks,

Kent
knlaursen
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Group Element Selection and Resize Gesture

Postby jusgre » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 am

Hello,

Thank you for your question. To select all symbols of the same type you need to hold down the ALT key and click the element of the type you want to select and all elements of this type will be selected (e.g., all blocks existing in the diagram). The stereotype can be changed from the selected symbols context menu, Stereotype menu item (in your case firstly the Block stereotype should be unchecked and after changes are applied the System stereotype should be applied).

If you have any other questions or encounter any other problems, please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Best Regards,

Justinas Greibus
System Analyst
NoMagic Inc.
jusgre
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:7

Re: Group Element Selection and Resize Gesture

Postby knlaursen » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:00 am

Excellent! Thank you.

Kent