Guards in Sequence Diagram

Other topics that do not fit in any of categories.

Moderator: Moderators

Guards in Sequence Diagram

Postby annie.singh@boeing.com » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:26 am

Hi,

I have created a sequence diagram in Cameo Enterprise Architecture 18.5 using sysml project. I have added alternatives and loops in the sequence diagram but for me guards are not working. Because in simulation I can see that loop is executing infinite times and if else condition is not working as per the guard. I have attached the project I created. Please refer and let me know if I am going wrong or how shall I proceed?
I could not find any details of simulating a sequence diagram with loop, alternatives, options etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
annie.singh@boeing.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Guards in Sequence Diagram

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:48 am

Dear Customer,

We found 2 issues in your model.
-Guard in alternatives ("Val1==1") doesn't work. The cause is simulation cannot access the variable Val1. If you need to access the A2.Val1 you need to use the ALH for accessing. For more information please see https://docs.nomagic.com/display/CST190/ALH+APIs
-We found that your guard of loop fragment using the unsupported properties (Maxint, Minint), and the guard use the unsupported properties instead of expression for evaluation. We recommend you to delete the value of Maxint and Minint for workaround. And we will report about your issue of loop for fixing (to ignore the Maxint and Minint).

We attached the modified model.
TesSeq_modified.mdzip

Sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Sincerely
No Magic Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:5

Re: Guards in Sequence Diagram

Postby annie.singh@boeing.com » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:09 am

-I tried simulating the modified model. Using the ALH API but it is still not working. Could you please once simulate the same model? I guess that would help me
- I have removed the unsupported properties (Maxint, Minint), but the loop is still not working.
annie.singh@boeing.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Other