Loops / Expansion Regions in activity Diagrams

Starting point for “ask and learn more about MagicDraw”

Moderator: Moderators

Loops / Expansion Regions in activity Diagrams

Postby j.h.greenhow@gmail.com » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am right pretty new to CAMEO and SysML so I have a lot to learn. Its a steeper learning curve to what I expected! I hoped someone on here might be able to push me in the right direction for a piece of logic I'm currently working on. I am wanting my model in CAMEO to be executable so I can test the logic but this is making it harder.

I am trying to model a building which is made up of multiple apartments, the number of apartments could change. Each apartment contains a number of rooms ,the number of rooms can vary. I am trying to iterate through all the apartments and total the heating loads of each room to get a total load for the apartment. Its not quite as simple as it first sounds as the logic will need to use conditional statements based on certain input criteria.

I thought I might be able to make use of loops or Expansion Regions in an activity diagramme but what I am struggling with is to how to make a collection of data/instances to pass into the expansion region. I have created several instance tables but can't see how I could loop through these.

I was attached to expansion regions due to this post on stackoverflow which seems to be doing similar sort of logic to what I would like to achieve. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/555 ... ty-diagram

As a side note I'm not sure if this is the best category to place it in within the forum or if it would be better going in one of the other sections to please let me know which one it would be best to go in.

Many Thanks!
j.h.greenhow@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to New to MagicDraw