MagicDraw text issues when sequencing from DOORS

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

MagicDraw text issues when sequencing from DOORS

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:52 pm

I have two queries related to text transfer from DOORS to MagicDraw using the datahub:

1. I have some text with nested bullet points within an attribute in DOORS when this maps to MagicDraw the bullet points are not carried over. Is there a way to ensure the bullet points also carry across?
2. I have some text attributes that do not word wrap in MagicDraw tables, unless I go back to the DOORS module and hit enter at the end of the last sentence - what would cause this?
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: MagicDraw text issues when sequencing from DOORS

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Mon May 01, 2017 10:18 pm

A couple of things to add, I am using DOOR 9.6 and MagicDraw 18.4

The other thing that occurred, and I'm not sure if its related is that the next time I logged in to magic draw, all my tagged values although selected and present were not displaying in the generic table.
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby supatp » Mon May 01, 2017 11:20 pm

Dear Matzy812,

About synchronizing with DOORS, MagicDraw and DOORS have different formatting mechanism. So, DataHub does not support the Rich Text from DOORS, only plain text will be handled.

Best Regards,
Supat P.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:10

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Tue May 02, 2017 12:46 am

ok so there is no way of ensuring the bullet points come across, apart from manually editing the tagged value post transfer - selecting HTML and then putting bullet points in.

Bullet points are a standard function of DOORS. Do you know if there are any plan to improve the text transfer functionality between DOORS and MagicDraw?
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ