Metachain Custom Column with "AND" operation

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Metachain Custom Column with "AND" operation

Postby lniewiad@ford.com » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:07 am

In a generic table, I would like to create a custom column that only shows elements that appear in two specific metachain columns. For instance, if column-A showed elements [X1, Y1, Z1] and column-B showed elements [Y1, R1], then I would like to create a custom column-C that shows only the element [Y1]. Essentially, (column-C) = (column-A AND column-B). Does anyone know how can I do this? I cannot seem to succeed with the Filter or Find operations. Thank you kindly!
lniewiad@ford.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Metachain Custom Column with "AND" operation

Postby ieva.n » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:42 am

Hello,

From your description it looks like you need to construct a new column from the columns provided before: you need to use one column list as an input to another column list. If we could have a sample project, we could look into providing the tailored query.

Sincerely,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Postby lniewiad@ford.com » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:57 am

I have created a dummy model, showing the members of two teams. Could we make a query for an additional column, showing the members that are including in both Team 1 and Team 2? (This new column should show Amanda, Mark, and Jim). Thanks much for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lniewiad@ford.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby ieva.n » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:45 am

Hello,

I have constructed a sample column that works simply via queries you used (by the way, you can change one line metachain navigation to simple navigation, as you will see in my column - simply change the direction) and using double exclude.
I believe there might be a more simple way to do this using the script. However, if you are not interested in scripting, you can use the attached project. The idea is to exclude unique members of each team from full members list. Unique members can be found excluding first team from second and second from first. The most difficult thing here is not to get lost among all excludes.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Return to SysML