Multiple selction

UML related questions and discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Multiple selction

Postby ayswaryaster@gmail.com » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi

I have an element stereotype with tags and it is applied to all elements in my model.The tag names are automatically present in all elements.I want to enter same tag values for multiple elements in my model at the same time that is by selecting multiple elements of same or different types. how can I do that?? please help me on this

Thanks
Ayswarya
ayswaryaster@gmail.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Multiple selction

Postby rambir » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:50 am

Hi Ayswarya,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to enter the same tag values for multiple elements in the model at the same time by selecting multiple elements. This issue we registered to our issues tracking system.

By the way, MagicDraw has possibility to set a default tag value to tags with empty value. More information you can find at MagicDraw UserManual.pdf > Tags section. This manual can be found in the "<MagicDraw install root>/manual" directory.

If you have any other questions or encounter any more problems, feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Best regards,
Ramune Birgeriene
rambir
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:3

Postby ayswaryaster@gmail.com » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:43 am

is it possible to do with the API or not possible at all ?? if possible with API let me know how to code on this or the logic behind it
ayswaryaster@gmail.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby marlel » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:56 am

Hello,

Please check the "Working with Stereotypes and Tagged Values" section at "<MagicDraw install>/openapi/docs/MagicDraw OpenAPI UserGuide.pdf".
marlel

Posts Rating:

Postby justin.gliptis@baesystems.com » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:46 pm

In the 7 years since this original post, is there still no way to apply a tag value to multiple objects simultaneously? Thanks.
justin.gliptis@baesystems.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Postby ieva.n » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Hello,

This feature was introduced to version 18.5. Simply select multiple elements, and check the Properties tab below the Containment tree tab. There is a Tags subtab where you can assign tagged value to all selected elements.

Please check "Miscellaneous" at https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD185/ ... aw+18.5+FR

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Postby justin.gliptis@baesystems.com » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Thank you. However, I am still unable to get this to work. I have created a new tag (by creating a composite relationship from a new stereotype to the block stereotype). I want to apply a block to this tag for multiple connectors. When I select the connector, then look in the Tags tab under Properties, I can see my customized field there, but cannot see any values for that tag. Furthermore, if I select multiple connectors, that tag disappears from the Tags tab entirely (along with the tags for <<Allocated>> and <<RequirementRelated>>). Is it possible to assign the same block to my custom field for multiple connectors? Thanks. (I am using 18.5 SP2.)
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby ieva.n » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Hello,

Could you please attach the sample project?

Sincerely,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Postby justin.gliptis@baesystems.com » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:51 pm

Here is a sample project. I manually applied the tag "123" (through the Tags field in the connector Specification) to the connector between b:B and c:C. I would like to apply that same tag to multiple connectors at once.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby audrius.ceplinskas@nomagic.com » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:24 am

Hello,

thank you for your answer and the sample. The problem it is because that your stereotype <<New Stereotype>> tag property has no name. Name it and you will be able to apply that same tag to multiple connectors at once. Please keep us informed of your progress and accept our apologies for any inconvenience you are experiencing.

Kind regards,
No Magic Customer Support
audrius.ceplinskas@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Next

Return to Software Modeling (UML)