Nested Requirement Node Exclusion

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Nested Requirement Node Exclusion

Postby cardwellj » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to synchronize a requirement set from DOORS 9.6 into Cameo Systems Modeler 18.5 SP2 (via DataHub 18.5 SP3). The dataset contains multiple levels of nested requriements. During synchronization, most of the requirements are being excluded and not appearing in CSM. I get the following message:
DHLinks Error.PNG

When I view the details I get errors such as:
"Conflict with the existing Class [top level requirement being synchronized]!"
"Cannot create node ...: parent not created."

It seems ton only bring in the first nested requirement and then excludes all the others. I can bring the requirements in one by one by going to the most deeply nested requirements and syncing them all individually, but this is extremely inefficient and counterproductive.

For the most part, the requirements in DOORS are set up so that each requirement has a parent object that serves as a heading for the requirement, although I'm not sure this should matter. There are also several figures in DOORS, but I expect these won't be able to be synchronized (which is fine because model diagrams will replace them).

I would like to be able to select the top level requirement (or specification) in DOORS and pull all it's associated nested requirements without any exclusions. There has to be a way to do this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cardwellj
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1
Full name: Joseph Cardwell

Re: Nested Requirement Node Exclusion

Postby cardwellj » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Upon further investigation, we discovered that the error was due to how the schema was mapped. We were trying to bring in a "ParentObject" object from doors into the Cameo "Name" field. However, some of the requirements had the same parent object, which didn't work because you can't have two requirements with the same name under the same owning element and were excluded. Now the issue is we have a bunch of requirements without names.
cardwellj
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1
Full name: Joseph Cardwell

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ