No generalizations drawn (MD 16.5)

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

No generalizations drawn (MD 16.5)

Postby TBergeest » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:56 am

Hi,

im using MD to reverse model some java code. Everything is fine except that there are no generalizations drawn during the reverse engineering process. Im using MD 16.5. In an older post I found someone with exactly the same problem and it was a known problem for his specific version. Is that known for 16.5 as well?

Best regards,
T. Bergeest
TBergeest
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: No generalizations drawn (MD 16.5)

Postby neringa.zujyte@nomagic.com » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:02 am

Dear T. Bergeest,

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the issue with the information you provided. Please give us more details. It will help us address the problem in a timely manner and speed up a response. The additional information we need includes:

- If possible, send us the generated file which you want to reverse. That would be the fastest way to identify the problem.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. If you have any other questions or concerns - feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,
No Magic Customer Support
neringa.zujyte@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby TBergeest » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 am

No problem ill explain it, Im reverse engineering a small set of java classes with the following options:

Reverse options
Create class fields as --> associations
Resolve collection generics --> checked

Visualization
Visualize reversed model --> Launch Model Visualizer

Analysis
Create dependencies between --> both unchecked

I select 'Class diagram' in the following dialog. In the class diagram wizard in the third step i only select generalization, realization and association to be shown. For the presentation options i leave everything as default. In the generated class diagram there are no generalization arrows drawn. Hope this is the information you need.

Best regards,
T. Bergeest
TBergeest
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby neringa.zujyte@nomagic.com » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:38 am

Dear T. Bergeest,

Thank you for the detailed information.

We are aware of the similar problem with an Interface Realization link. Could you, please, specify what exactly classes have you created? Have you created classes by JAVA Main or RMI pattern?

Could you send us the project? We are working hard to reproduce and identify the problem, but everything seems to be working for us.

If you want confidentiality, we recommend you to attach project in No Magic customer support system. Support system is available through direct link at: http://knowledgebase.nomagic.com or support site http://support.nomagic.com. Support system allows to track issue history and has many other advantages.
You can connect to support system using same login name and password used for www.magicdraw.com.
When logged in, next to your ticket, you will find the link command "Attach File" in the left side.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
No Magic Customer Support
neringa.zujyte@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby TBergeest » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:00 am

Sorry for my absence,

afaik I have created the classes using the Java MAIN pattern. With project you mean the md project? No problem I will send it through the support system.

Regards,
Torsten Bergeest
TBergeest
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby saulius_p » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 am

Dear Torsten Bergeest,

We wanted to follow-up and see if you had any updates on this incident. The MagicDraw project would be very helpful.

If you do have updates, please let us know.
Best regards,
Saulius Pavalkis
saulius_p
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:8
Full name: Saulius Pavalkis

Return to Code engineering