Missing Process Diagram Elements

Business process modeling related questions, BPMN 1, and 2 standards.

Moderator: Moderators

Missing Process Diagram Elements

Postby bteravskis@aeritae.com » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:55 am

I have just installed Cameo Business Modeler 18.1 Analyst on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.10.2 in an Parallels 10.1.4 Windows 7 VM (business reasons to do this.) I assigned the license key file that I got from No Magic when I downloaded the program and the About -> Licensing pane tells me that I have a seat license and that it is the commercial version.

When I create a Process Diagram I notice that I am missing a lot of the BPMN elements in the pallet (Inclusive Gateways, Intermediate Throw Events, Boundary Throw Events, to name a few.) Even if I look at the pull-down for some of the pallet elements items are missing from what I see in the documentation. If I want an Inclusive Gateway I have to place an Exclusive Gateway and refactor it to an Inclusive Gateway, but that does not work for changing other elements (like a catch to a throw.)

Other than the missing elements from the pallet the software seems to be running just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
bteravskis@aeritae.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Missing Process Diagram Elements

Postby bteravskis@aeritae.com » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:40 am

OK, so I think I figured something out - when I change the Perspective to Business Architect I can see Intermediate Throw elements and more Gateways under the Exclusive Gateway pallet selection. This is a bit odd to me as the documentation shows that the Architect Edition features added have nothing to do with additional elements available. I can use and save diagrams in this perspective, so I am not sure why I need to be in the Business Architect Perspective to be able to access these elements from the pallet.

Brian
bteravskis@aeritae.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Missing Process Diagram Elements

Postby ieva.n » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:09 am

Hello,

Cameo Business Modeler provides Perspectives that do not depend on the Edition. The higher Edition provides additional functionalities, which are unavailable in lower ones. The perspectives offer a simplified user interface by showing the features that are relevant to business process modeling and hiding the others that are not. Cameo Business Modeler offers two business modeling perspectives. They are as follow:
• Business Analyst perspective that provides set of most often used elements of BPMN standard.
• Business Architect perspective that provides all BPMN elements.
User must select a perspective when first starting the tool. Basically the perspectives are tailored according the roles. In some roles some elements are hidden so the user would not be overwhelmed. You may find more information about perspectives and their customization (if none of the perspectives matches your needs, and you want to customize an existing perspective) in Cameo Business Modeler UserGuide.pdf , part Switching to Business Modeling Perspectives.

Kind regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Return to Business Process Modeling (BPMN)