C# Reverse Engineering Dependency Question {n=2}

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

C# Reverse Engineering Dependency Question {n=2}

Postby mvinca-tsi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:29 am

I have reverse engineered some C# code into my model. When I have a class extend a base class or inherit from an interface, that relationship shows up fine, but there is an extra relationship, and I'm just looking for understanding on what it represents.

In addition to the generalization, there is a dependency with the <<virtual>> stereotype and a tag of "n" which is equal to 2. What does this mean?
mvinca-tsi
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1
Full name: Michael Vinca

Re: C# Reverse Engineering Dependency Question {n=2}

Postby vidjur » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:25 am

Hello,

Thank you for the question. These <<virtual>> dependencies appear because you have chosen to analyze dependencies between Classifiers and/or Packages. A tag of “n” shows how many dependencies are between elements.

You can use the Show Dependency Details command to see what dependencies between particular elements are.

To display the dependency details please follow these steps:
1. In the Model Browser or on the diagram, select the dependency which details you want to display.
2. On the selected dependency shortcut menu, click Show Dependency Details. The dependency details panel opens where in the dependency details are displayed.

If you don’t want to have <<virtual>> dependencies, please unselect checkboxes in the Analysis area during reversing C# code into model.

options.jpg

Please feel free to contact us if you have more questions or concerns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards,
Vidas Jurkevicius
vidjur
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Return to Code engineering