Streaming parameters

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Streaming parameters

Postby jason.bowman.3@us.af.mil » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:27 am

Very dumb question. I want to create a streaming parameter, but I can't seem to find a way to designate the parameter as streaming. I noticed there is a "continuous" stereotype if I go into the Applied Stereotypes in the specification dialogue, but I don't think this is the same as "stream". I definitely don't get the "{stream}" label after selecting "continuous". Using MagicDraw 18.
jason.bowman.3@us.af.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Streaming parameters

Postby reggre » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:10 am

Hello,

Thank you for the issue report. Could you please see attached project and say us if we understood correctly your problem? If no, then please attach your sample project and describe exact steps how to reproduce your problem. Please to do the following steps for creating stream parameter:
1. Open attached project "streamActivity.mdzip".
2. Select in parameter "par1" in the containment tree.
3. Invoke its specification dialog.
4. Type the word "stream" in the find field.
5. Set the option "Is Stream" as true
6. Invoke the activity diagram "act1".

Please inform us about your progress.
Sorry the inconvenience you are experiencing.

Kind regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reggre
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:4

Postby jason.bowman.3@us.af.mil » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:55 am

The mdzip file you attached is the effect I'm looking for. However, when I try to create an activity parameter node, I can't seem to find a way to tell MagicDraw that it should be streaming. What is the process to create a streaming parameter node in MagicDraw as opposed to a regular or non-streaming parameter node? I created a non-streaming parameter in your model, and when I looked in the Specification dialogue for your streaming parameter and my non-streaming parameter, I couldn't tell any difference in the specification. In the toolbar, I see only Activity Parameter Node with no way of specifying whether it should be streaming or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jason.bowman.3@us.af.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby reggre » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:05 am

Hello,

Thank you for the collaboration. The {stream} stereotype can be applied only for parameter of the activity parameter node (in my parameter in your case) not for activity parameter node (par3 in your case). Please do the following steps:
1. Open attached project "streamActivity2.mdzip".
2. Select the parameter "my parameter" in the containment tree (not activity parameter node "par3").
myparameter.jpg

3. Invoke its specification dialog and type the word "stream" in the find field.
myparameter1.jpg

4. Set the option "Is Stream" as true.
myparameter2.jpg

5. Invoke the activity diagram "act1".
myparameter3.jpg

We hope it helps you. Waiting for your response.

Sorry the inconvenience you are experiencing.

Kind regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
reggre
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:4

Postby cmassa@draper.com » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 am

Why can't I specify that a pin of an action is streaming without having to create a corresponding activity (and parameter node) for the action? What if I don't need/want to create an activity in my model, but I just want to show that the output (or input) of an action is streaming? Thanks.
cmassa@draper.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:3

Postby laurin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:31 am

Hello,

{stream} keyword will be automatically shown on the pin in activity diagram, when you set "Is Stream" property to the parameter, when you have Call Behavior Action with pin which represents this parameter.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
No Magic Customer Support
laurin
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:3

Return to SysML