Synchronizing Node Recursively

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Synchronizing Node Recursively

Postby victor.aguilar@ngc.com » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello - I have a model organized by packages with Functions scattered throughout the packages; along with diagrams and other kinds of model elements. I would like to synchronize those functions, via DataHub, out to a DOORS module and EXCLUDE all other model elements. I setup the initial synchronization just fine. Selected Functions, mapped attributes to target type, and excluded all other mode elements from the sync, etc. After this initial synchronization, only Functions were mapped and all other model elements were excluded. However, as I am working through the modeling, I need to periodically synchronize the functions again. I am using the Synchronize Node Recursively option at the highest-level package, but every time I do this, I need to select all other non-function model elements and exclude them from the synchronization manually. Is there a way for DataHub to automatically exclude all model elements that are not functions when I synchronize recursively?
victor.aguilar@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Synchronizing Node Recursively

Postby douglas.orellana@ngc.com » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Having same issue. Hopefully someone can provide some guidance.
douglas.orellana@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby supatp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:58 am

Dear Victor,

Basically, DataHub will maintain the data as well as the hierarchy. If you have marked "exclude" on a non-function element, later created child nodes under the excluded one should not be asked for the mapping any more.
But if the created element is not under the excluded one, it will be asked for the map because it's under the synchronizing node. And you may choose to exclude it.

Here's the sample scenario of how synchronize and exclude works:
We will export a package with Functional requirement and Other requirements. And we do not map non-Functional requirement and choose to Exclude all unmapped nodes. We will get something like this. The X marked is the excluded elements.

exclude1.png

exclude2.png

Later I add more element.

exclude3.png

- 2 Functional is added under "f5". This will be synchronized to DOORS.
- Some more non-Functional is added under excluded node (under '6 u1' and '7.2 u3'). When synchronize, these node will not be asked anymore because the parent is already excluded.
- '9 u4' and '10 u5' is added under a synchronized element. So they are under the synchronizing scope, then it will be asked for the mapping. You may choose to Exclude them during the synchronize for new node.

exclude4.png

Unfortunately, there's no capability to automatically ignore the node for a specific element type yet.
This means that, all the created node under the synchronizing element will be asked for mapping. You may need to organize your non-Function element to be under some excluded element to avoid multiple asking for the map.

We will forward your scenario to team for future improvement.

Best Regards,
Supat P.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:10

Postby douglas.orellana@ngc.com » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:50 am

Understand the current scenario but do to traceability reports we run in DOORS we create modules of functions in DOORS that get synced from Magic Draw. Hopefully in future releases of DataHub you will have the ability to just choose one element type because there are some items (parameters, ports) that cannot be put under an exclude folder and will constantly be asked whether or not to exclude which is painfully done when you have 60+ functions and 2-4 pins/parameters per function. The current configuration works well for requirements objects but not the rest of the sysml objects. That flexibility is definitely needed.
douglas.orellana@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ