DataHub Efficiency Help (Sync took over 7 hours)

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

DataHub Efficiency Help (Sync took over 7 hours)

Postby douglas.orellana@ngc.com » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:53 pm

We have Magic Draw 18.2 with Data Hub set up with DOORS 9.6. I just synced functions (UPDM stereotype) from the SV-4 folder in the model to DOORS to create a "surrogate module." I sync using "Sync Node Recursively". It took me over 7 hours to get this sync to complete. It went through every parameter, resource, and object underneath the folder instead of just recursively looking for functions stereotype. Can I just set up the sync to just look for functions and ignore any other object? I do not want to sit in front of my computer for 7 hours excluding every possible element under the folder that is not a function. Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
douglas.orellana@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: DataHub Efficiency Help (Sync took over 7 hours)

Postby supatp » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:51 am

Dear Douglas,

Basically, DataHub will maintain the data as well as the hierarchy. If a branch of data has been excluded, all the child will be ignore right away.
And also, you may not expect for some elements to get synchronize without their parent too.

So, if you have marked "exclude" on a non-function element, later created child nodes under the excluded one will not be asked for the mapping any more.
But if the created element is not under the excluded one, it will be asked for the map because it's under the synchronizing node. And you may choose to exclude it.

Here's the sample scenario of how synchronize and exclude works:
We will export a package with Functional requirement and Other requirements. And we do not map non-Functional requirement and choose to Exclude all unmapped nodes. We will get something like this. The X marked is the excluded elements.

exclude1.png

exclude2.png

Later I add more element.

exclude3.png

- 2 Functional is added under "f5". This will be synchronized to DOORS.
- Some more non-Functional is added under excluded node (under '6 u1' and '7.2 u3'). When synchronize, these node will not be asked anymore because the parent is already excluded.
- '9 u4' and '10 u5' is added under a synchronized element. So they are under the synchronizing scope, then it will be asked for the mapping. You may choose to Exclude them during the synchronize for new node.

exclude4.png

This means that, all the created node under the synchronizing element will be asked for mapping. You may need to organize your non-Function element to be under some excluded element to avoid multiple asking for the map.

Best Regards,
Supat P.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:10

Re: DataHub Efficiency Help (Sync took over 7 hours)

Postby douglas.orellana@ngc.com » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:55 am

This is great for requirement type of objects, but for actual objects typed with function that have other elements underneath that aren't able to be moved to an exclude folder this is not practical. Please consider this new use case for syncing other model objects into DOORS (e.g. UPDM Functions) without needing to always go through an exclude parameters and other sub-elements. We want to make sure that there is traceability and that req. engineers and architects can see the traceability in their native tool.
douglas.orellana@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ