Extending elements from a different project / modeul

General discussions about teamwork

Moderator: Moderators

Extending elements from a different project / modeul

Postby jvernonjpmc » Tue May 02, 2017 12:29 pm

I have a project where I need to extend from classes in a different project. For example, there is the concept of Party in the other model. I want to extend this with a class called Person.

How do I bring that other project into my project so I can extend from classes in that other project?

Thank you
jvernonjpmc
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Extending elements from a different project / modeul

Postby ieva.n » Tue May 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Hello,

Do you mean you want to create the stereotype based on first element stereotype, or do you want simply create inheritance? In first case you need to create generalization between stereotypes, in second case you need to create the generalization between these classes.

If you could provide a sample project or screenshot and additional details, we would try to help you more.

Sincerely,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Postby jvernonjpmc » Wed May 03, 2017 8:37 am

Suppose I have a project in Teamworks called Vehicles. In it there is a class called Vehicle.

Also in Teamworks is a project called Cars. In it there is a class called Car.

I want class Car to extend from class Vehicle. Problem is, class Vehicle is not in the Car project. How do I allow class Car to extend from class Vehicle?
jvernonjpmc
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Postby ieva.n » Wed May 03, 2017 8:57 am

Hello,

We do support used projects feature. Basically that means you use the base project in other projects and in such way can create links to it from the project the base project is used in.

Please find more information about projects partitioning here https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD185/ ... rtitioning , also you can watch Project Decomposition and Shared Packages videos at https://www.nomagic.com/support/demos#teamwork (while it uses old terminology Module instead of Used Project, the idea is still basically the same).

There is also a sample provided with your application Project Decomposition Description (you can see it in Welcome screen or directly in <install.root>/samples folder), which also explains and provides samples of used project concept and usage.

If you already have a used project, simply create a generalization between your element and element in used project.

Sincerely,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Return to Merging, branching, modules, team collaboration