DOORS 9.6 DH_CommandHandler.dxl not found (DH18.1/ MD18.1)

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

DOORS 9.6 DH_CommandHandler.dxl not found (DH18.1/ MD18.1)

Postby matthew.j.wynhoff@boeing.com » Fri May 26, 2017 1:45 pm

I'm having basically the same problem as:
dh-commandhandler-dxl-not-found-18-1-t4478.html

See Attached Screenshot

I'm on Magic Draw 18.1 and Data Hub 18.1

Data hub didn't have a DOORS 9.6 menu pick so to add it I did the following:

See below to add 9.6 into the Deployment dialog (v181.1 does not list 9.6):
1. Edit the file "doors.deploy". The file should be in <MagicDraw install folder>\plugins\com.nomagic.datahub.magicdraw\deployer
2. Add 9.6 into the line like this
<property name="parameter.doors.version.values" value="8.0|8.1|8.2|8.3|9.0|9.1|9.2|9.3|9.4|9.5|9.6"/>
And you may change the default value of the version list like this.
<property name="parameter.doors.version.default" value="9.6"/>
3. Run DataHub Console again - Click MagicDraw menu Tools > DataHub > Driver deployment so the Driver deployment dialog will be displayed to deploy DOORS 9.6 version.

Then Adding the Driver Deployment selected DOORS 9.6, Pointed to my DOORS Install Directory (see attached screenshot)

I then opened DOORS 9.6 instance of what I wanted to connect to.

I then Did Tools > Data Hub ... > Data Hub Explorer, Selected DOORS to connect to but it then gives me the DXL Errors pictured in screenshot.

For me the file (DH_CommandHandler.dxl) that it is trying to find is located here:
C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\Doors\9.6\lib\dxl\addins\user

I tried to reboot like the previous thread suggested, still same results. Any suggestions? I didn't quite understand how that person made a new shortcut or command line. I'm not that advanced of a computer person :p

-----------
I should also note I have access to numerous DOORS servers. The one of interest I have on my desktop as a shortcut with properties modified to point to the correct server:
"C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\Doors\9.6\bin\doors.exe" -d xxx@zzz

When I go to my DOORS default install at C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\Doors\9.6\bin\doors.exe through Start Button > Run:

Start > Run: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\Doors\9.6\bin\doors.exe
This opens up a different DOORS Server by default with the address of: aaa@bbb

So I don't know if the fact that I have access to multiple DOORS servers is an issue as well and it gets confused??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matthew.j.wynhoff@boeing.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1
Full name: Matt

Re: DOORS 9.6 DH_CommandHandler.dxl not found (DH18.1/ MD18.1)

Postby supatp » Tue May 30, 2017 10:34 pm

Dear Matthew,

Regarding the DOORS shortcut, does it contain "-a" parameter too?

Please follow this steps to investigate whether DOORS Client recognize the DXL path.
1. Open DOORS Client.
2. Click menu Tools> Edit DXL...
3. Enter the following 2 lines.
#include <DH_CommandHandler.dxl>
print DH__DXL_VERSION
4. Click Run button.
Does it return some number?

Best Regards,
Supat P.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:10

Postby matthew.j.wynhoff@boeing.com » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi, no it doesn't contain a -a parameter on my shortcut

I ran the two lines and this is the result. (attached)

any ideas?
dxlerror.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby matthew.j.wynhoff@boeing.com » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:11 pm

We did some more experimenting:

We are on:
Cameo 18.1
Data Hub 18.1

I looked at compatibility charts and these only go up to DOORS 9.5.

Things that worked:
DOORS Client 9.3, DOORS Server 9.6.1.4
Coworker had 9.6 DOORS and did something to get it to work but he isn't available now so I can't ask him.

Things that did not work:
DOORS Client 9.6.1.3, DOORS Server 9.6.1.4
DOORS Client 9.5.2.1, DOORS Server 9.6.1.4

I'm thinking that if we just were to upgrade to the current set of Cameo and Data Hub I bet it'd work... I'm just wondering if you had any ideas on how we can trick data hub 18.1 to work with DOORS 9.6 like my co worker did a while back
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby gabriel.lindemann@em.ag » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:28 am

I got this reply from Nomagic:
Before working with DOORS, you will need to do the driver deployment. I the screen shot, I saw that you already did that.
Basically the driver deployment will copy all requirement addins file to DOORS folder and also edit DOORS registry to recognize the new addin folder. In order to place the files into Program Files folder and editing the registry, the user account may need the Administrator permission. Please verify that the user account can do these tasks.
Or there's an option that you won't need to do all the process above. Please try the menu Options> Environment> select Cameo DataHub section. Look for DataHub DOORS DXL file location, change it to DataHub plug-in folder.

Changing the file location worked for me
gabriel.lindemann@em.ag
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Postby matthew.j.wynhoff@boeing.com » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:06 am

Thanks for the reply. We found 2 work arounds. You definitely need to be Admin for this to be successful and open Cameo as Admin I think.

The other work around so we don't have to do driver deployment and have admin in a big enterprise environment where they don't freely hand out admin we had to modify our doors shortcuts to tell Cameo data hub where to find the doors instance that we started.

in door shortcut we did the following things for the doors shortcut, add in the target value of where doors is installed, then add the -d, -a, -J parameters. Then we had to do the Start In property to show where data hub plugin is to find doors running we are starting it in there see below:

DOORS Shortcut > Properties > Short Cut Tab > Target: "C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\Doors\9.6\bin\doors.exe" -d <doors server name> -a .\addins\user -J .\projectaddins

DOORS Shortcut > Properties > Short Cut Tab > Start In: "C:\Program Files\Cameo Enterprise Architecture\19.0.1_DESE\plugins\com.nomagic.datahub.magicdraw\data\doors"
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby deborah.r.thomas@raytheon.com » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:12 pm

I am having the same issue with CameoEA 19.0 SP2 and DataHub 19.0 SP2 and DOORS 9.6.1.
I cannot add a Datasource because I get the DH_CommandHandler.dxl not found error (twice)
deborah.r.thomas@raytheon.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ