Defining Part Number, ID Number

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Defining Part Number, ID Number

Postby mustafaA » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:02 am

Hi,

As you already know, designs, at some points, goes real. The way they become real, they need physical parts and these physical parts need some IDs, definitions. Part number or any other definitions. How can I define such an ID number for a block/part and make it seen on the diagrams, such as BDD? Is there a way to show it at the top level of the block or somewhere else?

Best regards,
Mustafa
mustafaA
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Defining Part Number, ID Number

Postby Rolandas » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Rolandas
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:15

Postby mustafaA » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:26 am

Thanks for the reply. It was a nice solution.
I still have that problem, How can I number only the blocks or instances of blocks in a BDD?

I replicate the steps here: https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD184/ ... tomization
and my feedback:

1-) At the link above, by selecting a metaclass for Stereotype Numbered Package, my expectation was to numbering will affect only the elemnts in this metaclass. But when I apply the stereotype to a package of an item or block of that item in BDD, after clicking to "renumber recursively", it gives number to everything, even connections, relations etc. How can I number only the blocks or instances of that blocks in BDD?
2-) The illustrations at the link above and user manual have colored dots on the elements but Cameo 18.5 does not have colored dots, a "+" sign instead, I think. You might wanna update that or give some warnings.
3-) When I add an attribute, it does not have a "-" sign but a "+" sign and I leave it like that.
4-)When I create a Profile diagram under a package, it gives a warning like "a profile diagram must be ubder a Profile" you might wanna update the doc.suport or give some warnings.

This numbering method must be a useful function but it is complicated. There should be a template or something.
For the records, Manual Numbering might work for me but it is only available after creating Numbering Customization at link above.

Best regards,
mustafaA
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Rolandas » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:07 am

Hello,

1) Could you maybe attach the created customization for numbering with sample project. We would look into the numbering inconsistency. As it should number only that metaclass elements, but we would like to check the model.
2, 4) Will inform our documentation team to update it.
3) It's attribute visibility sigh, will update documentation to update it.

About the complicated usage of numbering, yes it's a bit complicated. We have plans to improve it in future versions.

Regards,
No Magic Support Team
Rolandas
Customer Support
Customer Support

Postby mustafaA » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:19 am

Hi,
What can I set as metaclass to use on Blocks so it only put numbers to blocks?

I see that when stereotype metaclass selected as a package or usacase (which are easily can be found in selection popup window) yes, they only work on packages or use cases. But I couldnot find out how to select a block as metaclass. It is not included in that popup window for metalcass selection.

Thanks for the answers.
Kindly,
mustafaA
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby Rolandas » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:36 am

Hello,

Issue is that current mechanism does not support such way. What you need is to create a new Stereotype with ID tag, then set metaclass to Class. And then set up correct customization for it, to be applied to Block element, when it's created.
So if manual numbering works for you, i would suggest making a NumberedBlock stereotype, then set up custmization and number elements by hand.

Regards,
No Magic Support Team
Rolandas
Customer Support
Customer Support

Return to SysML