CSV IMPORT TO INCLUDE ENUMERATION

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

CSV IMPORT TO INCLUDE ENUMERATION

Postby randy.storey@icloud.com » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 am

I have not been able to successfully solve this issue and could not fine any specific posting that addressed it, but I believe my problem is with the mapping. I am importing data from a .csv file into my model. I can successfully import the data with the exception of one Target Stereotype. This Target Stereotype is a Property Specification that is controlled by a Enumeration Specification. The problem is imported data matches one of the existing Enumeration Literals it is imported. If it does not match any of the existing Enumeration Literals it is not imported instead of added it as a new Enumeration Literal to the Enumeration Specification. I am only mapping the Target Stereotype Property Specification and not the Enumeration Specification.

I thought that this may require a two step process to import to the Enumeration Specification first to update and add any data to the Enumeration Specification and then import the data into the Target Stereotype Property Specification. I'm curious to know if this import can be done as one import or does it require multiple imports or even manual update to the Enumeration Specification and then the data import.

Appreciate any guidance anyone can provide.
randy.storey@icloud.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: CSV IMPORT TO INCLUDE ENUMERATION

Postby supatp » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:25 am

Dear Randy,

You will have to prepare all possible enumeration literals before importing the attribute value with type of that enumeration.

You may create it manually or you may import the literals if the enumeration contain a number of values.

Best Regards,
Supat P.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:11

Return to SysML