Ports for Parametric Evaluation

Moderator: Moderators

Ports for Parametric Evaluation

Postby torokrj » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:57 am

Hello,

I'm using MagicDraw 18.5 sp2 with SysML plugin.

I'm trying to create parametric evaluations using values from a proxy port. I can see in the simulation toolkit manual and online documentation that ports can show up in the variables tab. I'm assuming then you could connect values from a proxy port to a constraint. I can not get this to work and I can not even get the ports to show up in the variables tab. Am I doing something wrong? Attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing with the bdd of the block shown.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
torokrj
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Re: Ports for Parametric Evaluation

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:24 am

Dear Customer,

We guess that the ports in variable pane are filtered. For showing the port please click the Options and selected Show Ports.
optionToShowPort.png

For more information about the Variable panel please see https://docs.nomagic.com/display/CST185/Variables+pane

The proxy port have to connect by using the connector for updating the opposite value.
The simulation will automatic match between the flow properties in 2 proxy ports (by using name and direction of flow properties) however you cannot use constraint block for updating the value.
We recommend you to calculate the value before send it to flow property.

We attached the small sample that use the proxy port for sending the calculated value to update.
proxyPort.mdzip

Best regards,
No Magic Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:5

Postby torokrj » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:23 am

Thank you! Not an easy setting to find.
torokrj
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Postby james.e.hopper@leidos.com » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:40 pm

In this example if i change to the ports from inout to out on one end and conjugated on the other it no longer passes the value. How can I make this demo work with unidirectional ports?
james.e.hopper@leidos.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits