Creating class instances

UML related questions and discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Creating class instances

Postby jvernonjpmc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:09 am

I have a project, e.g. MyProject, which uses packages of a different module in OtherProject.

There is a class in OtherProject that I want to instantiate in MyProject. When I try to do this, I get the following error message "Read-only access prevented creation of instance(s)".

I'm using OtherProject models and want to prove the classes in it can instantiate my data. How do I do this?

Thank you
jvernonjpmc
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Creating class instances

Postby ieva.n » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:34 am

Hello,

We unsuccessfully tried to reproduce your issue. Could you give us more details or attach the sample projects?

Is your projects local projects or server projects? What version of product are you using? What diagram are you creating instances in? Is this diagram in main project or in Other project?

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Postby jvernonjpmc » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:29 am

Is your projects local projects or server projects? Both projects are on Teamwork Server.

What version of product are you using? 17.0.4

What diagram are you creating instances in? Class diagram.

Is this diagram in main project or in Other project? The diagram is in MyProject. It aims to instantiate classes that are defined in OtherProject. OtherProject is being edited by its owner. As a result, the classes in it are read-only to me. I would expect that I can instantiate those classes in MyProject since the instances are not in OtherProject.

I look forward to hearing back from you.
jvernonjpmc
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Postby neringa.montvydiene@nomagic.com » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:55 pm

Hello,

We still need more information in order to reproduce your problem. Please attach the screenshot of unexpected behavior (it could be a sample model) and the steps for reproducing a problem. Please answer the following questions:
* Have you locked your diagram My Project for editing?
* What actions do you use for the instantiation of those classes in your project?

Kind regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
neringa.montvydiene@nomagic.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Return to Software Modeling (UML)