Validation Sourcepath Issue

General discussions about code engineering

Moderator: Moderators

Validation Sourcepath Issue

Postby brett.g.eagle@lmco.com » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:45 am

When I run Analyze->Validation->Validate I've noticed when I look in the logs that it is saving files to the /tmp directory:
2017-09-29 11:28:47,167 [pool-MagicDraw-thread-5:MagicDraw Validation (SWFTS Modeling Rules)] INFO PLUGINS - compiling : -source 1.5 -target 1.5 -warn:-unused,-allDeprecation -g -sourcepath "/tmp/MagicDrawGen"

The issue is I have multiple instances of MagicDraw open and when I run Validation simultaneously I get strange results identifying invalid elements that are meeting the validation criteria.

Is there a way to explicitly set the sourcepath to another directory to avoid conflicts using the same directory?
brett.g.eagle@lmco.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Validation Sourcepath Issue

Postby rimvydas.vaidelis » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:12 am

You can specify the output directory by setting the system property: ocl.compile.path
Code: Select all
-Docl.compile.path=<path_to_dir>
rimvydas.vaidelis
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:14

Re: Validation Sourcepath Issue

Postby brett.g.eagle@lmco.com » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:11 am

Thanks for the info. I attempted what you had said to do, but that continued to set sourcepath to /tmp. As I was investigating the logs I noticed that an environment variable called java.io.tmpdir was being used. I changed the java.io.tmpdir to my desired directory and when executing OCL it put the files in the java.io.tmpdir path. Thanks for the help
brett.g.eagle@lmco.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Code engineering