Using an instance table for simulation input

Moderator: Moderators

Using an instance table for simulation input

Postby NSpringmeyer@apogeeintegration.com » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:55 am

I'm building a model that is configured in the same as the ActParIngerate simulation sample. I also have a set of instances that have been imported from excel and saved to an instance table (varying values for m, and all n value set to 0). How do I edit the simulation configuration and parametric diagram to point to this instance table and run through each of the instance iterations, outputting the results to either individual instances or an instance table for export?
NSpringmeyer@apogeeintegration.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Using an instance table for simulation input

Postby Stern » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:38 am

[Not a NoMagic representative]

If you organize your instances into an instance table, you can set 'executionTarget' (under the SimulationConfig block) to the instance table. However when specifying 'results', it will only store an instance containing the values of the final instance which was ran from the table, as far as I know. I actually made a post about that only a couple days ago, which I am seeking resolution on. I have a small example model in that post which illustrates the above, albeit without a parametric model.
Stern
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Hello,

You can set the instance table as the "Execution Target" in SimulationConfig to execute all instances in your instance table. If you doesn't set the "Result Location" in simulation config, the result will be saved to own instances.

Best Regards,
No Magic Customer Support
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:3

Postby NSpringmeyer@apogeeintegration.com » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:24 am

Thanks jirawat.l,

I've tried to do this in the ActParlingate SimulationConfig to no avail. I suspect there are additional configuration steps needed. I just can't figure out what those changes are.

jirawat.l@nomagic.com wrote:Hello,

You can set the instance table as the "Execution Target" in SimulationConfig to execute all instances in your instance table. If you doesn't set the "Result Location" in simulation config, the result will be saved to own instances.

Best Regards,
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby jirawat.l@nomagic.com » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Hello,

Please following the step below :
- Right click <<SimulationConfig>> block (You can use NormalExecution, SlientExecution, if you edit from the ActParIngerate.mdzip) that you want to change the execution target and select "Specification" on popup menu.
- Select the "Execution Target" field and change to your instance table.
- Edit the "Result Location" field to <UNSPECIFIED>
instanceTableAsExecutionTarget.png

- Try to run simulation by right click the edited <<SimulationConfig>> and select Simulation->Run

PS. Not need to edit the parametric or any behaviors if the classifier of your instance is A block.

For more information about the <<SimulationConfig>> please see https://docs.nomagic.com/display/CST185 ... stereotype

Best Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jirawat.l@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:3

Postby NSpringmeyer@apogeeintegration.com » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Thank you all for your help. I was never able to output instances for each iteration as only the last instance results would output. Instead, I fed the results back to the original input table using the ActParlingate sample as a starting point. To do this, you need to include empty columns for the results in the input table.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits