UPDM3 Simulation Toolkit

Discussions about UPDM functionalities

Moderators: lintut, Moderators

UPDM3 Simulation Toolkit

Postby torokrj » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:26 pm

I'm using MD 19.5 SP2 with UPDM 3 and Simulation Toolkit. My UAF activity diagrams do not have the option to simulate with the icon on the toolbar. I searched for help, but do not see any. If I create a SysML activity diagram in the same project, it does allow for simulation. What do I need to do to simulate UAF activity diagrams?
torokrj
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Re: UPDM3 Simulation Toolkit

Postby chanon_s » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:17 am

Dear Customer

Could you please send us the sample project you are having an issue with for further investigation? We are not sure which diagram you are mentioning to. Normally, to execute a diagram with CST, that diagram should be based on UML diagrams, for example, SysML activity diagram which is based on UML activity diagram.

What perspective are you using? and could you please try to right click that UAF activity diagram, and see if there is the Simulation category on the pop up context menu or not? If there is, please check whether the Run menu button is enabled or not?

Sincerely

Chanon S.
No Magic Customer Support
chanon_s
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:4

Postby torokrj » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Hello,

I cannot post the model.

I am using the UAF architect perspective, but I tried several.

However, I did the right click, and simulation is there and run is available.

Would request on these UPDM 3/UAFP diagrams that you add the simulation button to the options at the top. I can not find a way to customize my UAF architect perspective to add it.

Thank you,
Jon
torokrj
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Postby chanon_s » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Dear Customer

Did you mean that the list of simulation configurations does not show in the main toolbar when the perspective is UAF Architect, while it does show in other perspective, for example, System Engineer?

UAF Architect perspective:
UAF_Architect.png

System Engineer perspective:
SystemEngineer.png

Sincerely

Chanon S.
No Magic Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chanon_s
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:4

Return to UPDM