Association between specialized blocks

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Association between specialized blocks

Postby jprichardson@dcscorp.com » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 pm

See the enclosed example model. In the diagram "bidirectional BDD", I have created two blocks B and C with an ordinary association A between them, navigable in both directions. The result is reference properties B.c and C.b whose types are C and B, respectively. I have created specializations B1 and C1 of B and C. Now I want to create an association between B1 and C1, with an association between them whose association ends are reference properties B1.c and C1.b, which are redefinitions of B.c and C.b. How can I do this?

I can do it easily for a directed association, as shown in diagram "unidirectional BDD". Just redefine inherited property c in B1 to have type C1, and then refactor the redefined property B1.c to be an association.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jprichardson@dcscorp.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0
Full name: Jim Richardson

Re: Association between specialized blocks

Postby donatas.mazeika@nomagic.com » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 am

Hello,

The proper way to create an association between B1 and C1, with an association between them whose association ends are reference properties B1.c and C1.b, which are redefinitions of B.c and C.b is:
- Create a new association between B1 and C1
- Open specification windows of new properties (b1 and c1) and rename them to "b" and "c" and accordingly set "Redefined Property" to B.c and C.b.

Please see the attached project:
Inherited Association2.mdzip

Also, please take in mind, that redefined properties should be deleted from your project before doing the steps above.

Have a nice day,
Donatas Mazeika
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
donatas.mazeika@nomagic.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:7

Return to SysML