Concept Modeller - Annotations Custom Column Generic Table

Other topics that do not fit in any of categories.

Moderator: Moderators

Concept Modeller - Annotations Custom Column Generic Table

Postby james.ciarcia@navy.mil » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:43 am

Having to use the annotationProperty tag makes it very hard to create a generic table that lets you add custom columns that show specific tags. The GlossaryTable does not even give you the option of Custom Columns, so it can't even show annotation properties or subproperties.

Is there a way, without defining derived properties, to show the Body of Annotations in a Custom Column that is unique to the annotationProperty tag, where the main Element Type for the Generic Table is Class? Currently I am only able to do this by making the Annotation an Owned Comment (just like Documentation attribute) but haven't mastered all the expert expressions that are probably needed (like property test).

Also some suggestions related to this (I guess they should go in the Suggestions Board):
1. Natural Language Glossary annotation property list: If a concept does not have an annotation with that annotation property, then the NLG shouldn't show even the annotation header.
2. Similar to the Preferred annotation property for the Documentation attribute, there should be a preferred annotation property for the Name attribute as well. That way we can use other options than rdfs:label, like dc:title or dc:identifier or skos:prefLabel a way to turn the labeling of the classes off completely.
james.ciarcia@navy.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Re: Concept Modeller - Annotations Custom Column Generic Table

Postby james.ciarcia@navy.mil » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:21 am

So I played around with this a little more in 18.5sp2 and still had little success. I was able to get the annotations to show up even when not owned using a target to source direction on simple navigation, but I was not able to filter on the annotationProperty tag of the Annotation, so that all the annotations show up regardless of their annotationProperty. Property test did not show the <<annotation>> stereotype tags in its list in 18.5sp2, so I could not filter that way...
james.ciarcia@navy.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby cklotz@nomagic.com » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:55 am

Hello,

Which service pack of Cameo Concept Modeler are you currently using?
cklotz@nomagic.com
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:0

Postby james.ciarcia@navy.mil » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:17 am

CCM_180_SP10_C12, built 2017-07-23
I got a little farther I think by using a derived property to capture the Annotated Element property of the Annotation from source to target, but still cant figure out how to filter on Annotation property, even though I can now create a meta-chain using the new derived property.
james.ciarcia@navy.mil
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Other