Synchronisation with IBM Rational DOORS 9.6

Discussions about data interchange products Cameo DataHub and Magic RQ functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Synchronisation with IBM Rational DOORS 9.6

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:46 pm

When looking in the datahub explorer at the connected DOORS database, as i drill down on the nodes of module some nodes are missing. Yet they are clearly present in DOORS.

Is there a step i am missing regarding synchronisation with the DOORS module? or is there something potentially special about the entry in DOORS that is not letting it get picked up in the datahub explorer?

I would like to add that if i tried to copy with sync, the module only syncs up to the point where the missing nodes exist and no synchronisation occurs beyond this point. I checked the requirements in DOORS to see if there was anything special about them, but found nothing obvious.

I thought it may be a memory issue, but this appears to be set at 4096. The requirements set is rather large and deeply nested.
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Synchronisation with IBM Rational DOORS 9.6

Postby supatp » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Dear Matzy812,

So far, there should not be a special kind of DOORS node that DataHub does not pick up.
Please give us more information to investigate.

- What is the version of DataHub?
- Does the problem happens to any other DOORS Module?
- About the node that is missing, does it contain image, ole object, or table?
- Please see the properties of the Module, under statistics tab, what is the total objects and character? so we know how large the module is.

Best Regards,
Supat P.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:10

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi Supat P.

The version of cameo datahub is 18.4.
No just this one specifically.

For the nodes that are missing there is no image, ole, object or table.

In terms of statistic for the module that isnt picking up some nodes in the data hub: Total object 948, total characters: 2341353

The requirements are nested 7 levels deep, previous requirements can be at a similar level and seem fine.
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 am

Through further investigation it appears that when i remove one of the requirements from DOORS in the group of requirements not showing in the datahub, the other requirements appear in the datahub on reload.

I took a closer look at the requirement that i deleted and there was nothing that stood out to me. Is there anything i should be looking at in relation to the problem requirement.
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:33 am

I also checked the log and noted the following:

ERROR com.nomagic.datahub.common.utils.exceptionhelper - item "xxx/DOORS LINKS" was deleted
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby matzy812@bigpond.com » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:43 pm

The cause of the problem was identified as being a linked module that had been removed to an archived location. Once the link issue was resolved, the data hub worked correctly.
matzy812@bigpond.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to Cameo DataHub, Magic RQ