Trying to add producing/consuming tasks to OV-3.

Discussions about UPDM functionalities

Moderators: lintut, Moderators

Trying to add producing/consuming tasks to OV-3.

Postby justin.berrier@navy.mil » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to make two columns on an OV-3 report in MagicDraw where I want to reference producing/consuming tasks (call operation tasks on SV-4b activity diagrams) for each operational exchange in our model. It seems VTL is capable of only calling attributes for element types one level (layer) deep. The attribute I want to reference is three levels deep. Below is the code I hoped would do the job for calling all the producing tasks but doesn't work. Please help. Note, my template is being scripted for an excel spreadsheet.

#forrow($exchange in $OperationalExchange) ##initial reference made to OperationalExchange element type, works>>
#foreach($edge in $exchange.RealizingActivityEdge) ##next reference made to RealizingActivityEdge attribute, works>>
#foreach($fromOp in $edge.From) ##call made to From attribute, doesn't work>>
$fromOp.name
#end
#end
#endrow

Justin
justin.berrier@navy.mil
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Trying to add producing/consuming tasks to OV-3.

Postby paudzi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:55 am

Hello Justin,

Please try to use 'source' instead of 'From' and 'target' instead of 'To'. Actual attributes are 'source' and 'target', but UPDM activity edges contains customizations which renames them. VTL does not know dsl'ed attributes and works on the actual ones.

With best regards,
No Magic Customer Support.
paudzi
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:4

Re: Trying to add producing/consuming tasks to OV-3.

Postby justin.berrier@navy.mil » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm

Thanks for the help paudzi. I couldn't get it to work using your advice; however, I tried another method involving the creation of producing/consuming activities and calling them, which works, with one caveat. In order to call these attributes camelcase must be used with the first letter not capitalized (i.e., $exchange.producingActivity) or nothing is reported, which is different from how the attribute is displayed in the specification window (not user friendly!).
justin.berrier@navy.mil
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Return to UPDM