Cannot start new UPDM project after installing UPDM 2.0 plug

Enterprise Architecture related questions and discussions

Moderator: Moderators

Cannot start new UPDM project after installing UPDM 2.0 plug

Postby myron.hecht@aero.org » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Problem: I am unable to start a project with the UPDM Plug-in

History: I downloaded and installed the UPDM 2 plug-in using the update manager on December 5

Configuration: I am using Cameo Systems Modeler Architect Edition 18.5 on Windows 10. I am using floating licenses for both CSM and the UPDM plug-in

Symptom. As described in the UPDM user manual on page 362, I started a new project. I expected to see a menu item for an enterprise architecture. There was none there.

Attachment and evidence: Powerpoint file with 2 sheets. The first sheet shows the "New Project" dialog box with no option for enterprise architecture. The second shows that the Resource/Plug-in manager indicates that the UPDM 2 plug has been installed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
myron.hecht@aero.org
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:-1

Re: Cannot start new UPDM project after installing UPDM 2.0 plug

Postby astliu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 am

Hello,
Thank you for the issue report and please accept our apologies for the inconveniences.
The New Project dialog documentation is not adopted for Cameo System Modeler, when UPDM 2 plugin is installed.
To create a new UPDM project:
* Open the New Project dialog.
* Expand Other group on the left.
* Select the Project from Template icon.
* On the right side of the dialog in the Select Template area, expand the UPDM branch.
* Select an applicable UPDM template and click OK.

new_updm_project.png

Regarding the second issue (fonts), in case you are using HiDPI monitor, please check the monitor resolution and font size.

Looking forward to hearing from you if the above information satisfies your needs.

Kind regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
astliu
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Return to Enterprise Architecture (UPDM, DoDAF, MoDAF)