Use Local Project function and sharing

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Use Local Project function and sharing

Postby sraley@itc-llc.com » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:01 am

I'm keeping a SysML requirements model separate from my architecture model. I share the requirements project and then do "Use Local Project" to bring in the requirements to the architecture and perform tracing. the question I have is if this model is why does the architect get prompted to have read or read-write access to send changes back to the requirement model? when I set up sharing on the requirements model I don't see where I can share as read only.

Second question is that this appears to be a one way direction where all the links I create are stored in the architecture relations package. nothing is sent back to the requirements model, so anyone that uses the requirements model only will not know that it has any relationships created without opening the architecture model. is there a way to make this a "bi-directional" where the requirements model can see it has been referenced and can click on something to see the architecture references ?

Thanks
sraley@itc-llc.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Use Local Project function and sharing

Postby donsim@nomagic.com » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 am

Hello,

There is only one case to use project in read write mode - refactoring. If you need to move elements between different projects read write usage is most easy way to do this.
Typically if there are separate projects, they have separate maintainers, separate history, releases and so. In such way requirements should not know about architecture (requirements should not depend from it).
In case you modifying both architecture and requirements and you need to trace from requirements to architecture it is more like one project just one part is used for requirements another for architecture.
Even more if you need to trace from requirements to architecture It would be better to have everything in one project.

Best regards
Best regards,
Donatas Simkunas
WWW: https://support.nomagic.com
Email: support@nomagic.com
donsim@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Re: Use Local Project function and sharing

Postby sraley@itc-llc.com » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:24 am

But my question is from the requirements side when I share a project I have no option to state if it will be shared read-only or who can use it. When I open it up from the architecture side it asks about read vs read/write. Do I have any method on the requirements side to lock down the model so it can be used to open and create links but nothing else?
sraley@itc-llc.com
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Return to SysML