Getting unwanted "_imported" suffix when using import tool

Discussions about UPDM functionalities

Moderators: lintut, Moderators

Getting unwanted "_imported" suffix when using import tool

Postby justin.berrier@navy.mil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Hello,

When I try to merge two DoDAF models together using the import tool, I get an unwanted "_imported" suffix to some of the elements. Please help.

I've attached six files to show what's happening. In Model1 I have created an OV-2 diagram with two performers. Next, I add an OV-5 diagram and add two activities and save this file as Model2. For Model3, I've continued from Model1 and added an association between the performers on the OV-2. Now, I want to import Model2 into Model3 but don't want duplicates. So, I remove all elements I know are either unchanged or unique in Model2 from Model3 and save this file as Model3-import. Since Model 2 has an OV-2 diagram, I remove that and save this file as Model2-import. Finally, to merge both models I import Model2-import into Model3-import, and the resulting file shows 61 elements with _imported added to their names (can't attach because of file count limit). This is not expected. As a work around I tried using the replace tool to correct these elements, but it can't find any matches.

Justin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
justin.berrier@navy.mil
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:0

Re: Getting unwanted "_imported" suffix when using import tool

Postby ieva.n » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Hello,

If all your files had the same ancestor, you might be interested in Merge plugin, which finds the differences between same ancestor based projects and allows you to choose what to merge into original project. Please see more at https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD185/Model+Merge .

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Postby mike.martines@gmail.com » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:55 am

Justin, I was able to use the find and replace function and remove all the unwanted import tags. However, I needed to change the search criteria in the find window as indicated in the attached screen shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mike.martines@gmail.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Postby justin.berrier@navy.mil » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:38 am

That works Mike! Thx.
justin.berrier@navy.mil
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Return to UPDM