How to delete duplicate folder in CMS

Other topics that do not fit in any of categories.

Moderator: Moderators

How to delete duplicate folder in CMS

Postby DTny » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:18 am

By mistake, I had dragged and dropped a subfolder from Folder 1 to Folder 2. And I can not undo it anymore. :x
I want to delete the duplicate subfolder from Folder 2. If I delete the duplicate subfolder, the original subfolder also disappears.
I tried to import & export and ended up with two MDZIP files which are not "active"( I can not even rename either of those files)
So my problems are:
1) HOW do I delete the duplicate subfolder?
2) How do I unzip(?) the MDFIP file to "activate" it?

DTny
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: How to delete duplicate folder in CMS

Postby ieva.n » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:54 am

Hello,

Product System and Folder2 are Smart Packages which can contain dynamic and static content, but they simply collect it from the model, and not own it. So, deleting the element from either of those folders will cause deletion of original model element. Please Open the specification dialog of Smart package and check property "Additional Elements". You should find your subfolder in it and edit the property to remove it.

As the element you are talking about is used another project, you simply need to open it as a separate project if you want to edit it. The purpose of used projects is to create a reusable library or reusable model that might be reused as part of another model (e.g., one engine project might be used modeling different cars). Please see documentation for them at https://docs.nomagic.com/display/MD185/ ... h+projects

Sincerely,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
ieva.n
No Magic
No Magic

Posts Rating:28
Full name: Ieva

Return to Other