Using Excel Import + Matlab for Analysis

Moderator: Moderators

Using Excel Import + Matlab for Analysis

Postby rmartinez@draper.com » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 am

Hi,

I have created a simple spreadsheet with some value properties for a block. I use Excel Import to bring this into my model where each row of the spreadsheet is an instance specification.

I also have the corresponding block in my model that maps to these value properties. The block also has a parametric diagram with a constraint equation that uses Matlab.

My question is ...how do I associate the instance information that I imported from Excel with this parametric model to run a simple simulation?

Thanks in advance.

-Bob
rmartinez@draper.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:1

Re: Using Excel Import + Matlab for Analysis

Postby tracy_m_fiedler@raytheon.com » Mon May 07, 2018 1:56 pm

There is no response to this question and I need to know whether it is possible. Currently, I use ParaMagic to execute parametric diagrams. We are being advised that once we get Cameo Simulation Toolkit, we will no longer need ParaMagic. Does Cameo Simulation Toolkit truly replace ParaMagic or is it only intended for executing state machine and activity diagrams? If CST links to MatLab, I should be able to simulate physical relationships, not just behavioral. Is that correct? Does CST link to Mathematica for solvers? I have heard you cannot use the Excel functions--just link to data.
tracy_m_fiedler@raytheon.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Using Excel Import + Matlab for Analysis

Postby Nerijus Jankevicius » Tue May 08, 2018 12:23 am

Cameo Simulation Toolkit can run all types of the model - statemachines, activities, sequence diagrams, instance models and tables, IBD with ports and connectors, parametric equations, usecases, can do requirements verification.
Additionally, you can do user interface prototyping and attach custom UI, export to HTML UI, show timelines, do timing-duration analysis, monte-carlo simulation, roll-ups, trade studies and more.
For parametrics, CST has built-in math solver, supports multiple scripting languages (javascript, groovy, ruby, python, Alf ) or can interface Matlab, Mathematica or Maple. Additionally, it can co-simulate Simulink, Modelica or FMI models.
If Excel data is imported into Instance Tables, CST allows to Evaluate entire table - all instances will be executed in order.
Excel Import plugin allows reading and writing simulation values into Excel Spreadsheets directly, so you can set desired values into specified cells and read Excel function value from the result cell (use Excel as solver).
Nerijus Jankevicius
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:1

Return to Cameo Simulation Toolkits