Importing Relationships via Excel Import

Other topics that do not fit in any of categories.

Moderator: Moderators

Importing Relationships via Excel Import

Postby bcole » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:17 am

Hello folks,

I'm trying to get the Excel Import (v18.5) to support importing Dependencies. I don't see any instructions on how to refer to elements so I tried making a mapping Diagram with the UML2 metamodel with attributes profile. I have a <<classMapping>> diagram where my <<fileSchema>> has two properties: Source and Target, both of type String [built-in UML Primitive]. I bound Source to the client metaproperty on Dependency and Target to the supplier metaproperty.

The Excel import will create three Dependencies (three entries in my test Excel sheet), but I get a corrupted model because client and supplier is not assigned by the importer. Is there a better way I should set up this map?

Thanks,

Bjorn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bcole
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Importing Relationships via Excel Import

Postby supatp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:18 am

Hello Bjorn,

For your case, I'd recommend the CSV Import plugin. You may find it via Resource/plugin Manager under (no cost) section.

Here's the sample.
You may prepare the data like this:
csv01.png

The with CSV Import is under menu File> Import From> Import CSV...
You may specify the CSV file location and follow the wizard.
csv02.png

csv03.png

Best Regards,
Supat P.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
supatp
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:9

Re: Importing Relationships via Excel Import

Postby bcole » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:00 am

Fair enough. I was checking out the differences between Excel and CSV Import and I think this gives a good indication. Thanks!
bcole
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to Other