Exception Handler not supported?

Discussions about systems engineering product SysML functionalities

Moderator: Moderators

Exception Handler not supported?

Postby cvanhoeven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:21 pm

I have an Exception Handler connecting an Accept Event Action (which is a signal) and a Call Behavior Activity but when I run the simulation, it gives me a warning "Exception handler is not specifically supported in the execution" and then the simulation just sits there and does nothing. What does this mean and how do I fix this?

Thank you,
Christine V.
cvanhoeven
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Re: Exception Handler not supported?

Postby chanon_s » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:15 pm

Dear Christine

In current CST versions, we use fUML 1.1 for execution. However, not all activity elements are parts of fUML 1.1 standard. Please see this link for more information of fUML 1.1 specification.

Please also remove the unsupported elements from your model in order to execute it normally.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this issue might have caused.

Sincerely

Chanon S.
No Magic Customer Support
chanon_s
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:7

Postby cvanhoeven » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 pm

Thank you for your reply.
If the Exception Handler is not supported in the CST, how then can I represent a signal that can interrupt and stop the activity at any time that kicks off another activity diagram?

Thank you,
Christine
cvanhoeven
Forum Beginner
Forum Beginner

Posts Rating:1

Postby chanon_s » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Dear Christine

Sorry for the late reply. We have a workaround for you. Please see the attachment for the sample project and try to run the Model activity diagram. The concept is that the AcceptEventAction on the left side of the diagram will be waiting for the interrupt signal, while the actions on the right side will be working in loop. When the interrupt signal is triggered, this activity diagram will be terminated.

TestAcceptEventAction.mdzip

Sincerely

Chanon S.
No Magic Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chanon_s
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:7

Return to SysML