Containment tree automatically collapses after changes

Starting point for “ask and learn more about MagicDraw”

Moderator: Moderators

Containment tree automatically collapses after changes

Postby alan.farrell@ngc.com » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:55 am

This just started happening a week ago and is extremely irritating. Every time I make a change in a diagram, or if I delete an element from the containment tree, the entire tree collapses automatically. This has significantly slowed down my work as I have to expand the containment tree hundreds of times a day now. I have looked through the settings and can't find anything related to this. Please help.
alan.farrell@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: Containment tree automatically collapses after changes

Postby irurak » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 am

Hello,

Thank you for the question. A lot off fixes related with containment tree will be fixed in the MagicDraw 19.0 version. We are planning to release this version in the second quarter of the year.
We understand that this is a serious problem, so please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you are experiencing.

Kind regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
irurak
Customer Support
Customer Support

Re: Containment tree automatically collapses after changes

Postby alan.farrell@ngc.com » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you for your response. Here is a little bit more information, in case it helps you debug or helps another user experiencing the same issue. It started about a week ago. I can't think of anything that triggered it, no errors, no software crash, nothing. It just started happening. I tried restarting the software and restarting my computer, neither of which fixed the issue. Then today it stopped. Again, no indication of why it stopped. It's been ok for about two hours now. I'm using version 18.5 SP3.
alan.farrell@ngc.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Return to New to MagicDraw