NamedElement Properties in Generic Tables

Discussions about Domain Specific Language customizations

Moderator: Moderators

NamedElement Properties in Generic Tables

Postby shooson@ford.com » Wed May 16, 2018 9:00 am

I recently created a stereotype of metaclass NamedElement called <<SafetyParameter>>. It t is meant to be able to be applied to any model element to support report generation (mapping of element data to a particular section/table in a custom report).

safetyParameter.PNG

safetyParameter2.PNG

In general, the DSL works fine, however, there seems to be an issue with viewing properties of <<SafetyParameter>> in a generic table. If i set the element type to <<SafetyParameter>>, I am unable to use any of the properties of this stereotype as columns. I experimented with changing the metaclass from NamedElement to Element and then i am able to select these properties as columns. Is this a bug? Is there a reason why properties of NamedElement based stereotypes cannot be used in this manner?

safetyParameter3.PNG

Best Regards,

Sam Hooson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shooson@ford.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Re: NamedElement Properties in Generic Tables

Postby osvaldas.jankauskas@nomagic.com » Tue May 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

The "SafetyParameter" stereotype attributes appear under the tags category in Select Columns dialog:

Tags of Safety Parameter.jpg

If you open the specification of the term for which "SafetyParameter" stereotype is applied, these properties do not appear also. This is because a stereotype is not customized - customization is not created for this stereotype. After creating a customization for a stereotype, all of its attributes appear under the specification window.

If you have any other questions or concerns - feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
No Magic, Inc. Customer Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
osvaldas.jankauskas@nomagic.com
Customer Support
Customer Support

Posts Rating:14

Re: NamedElement Properties in Generic Tables

Postby shooson@ford.com » Wed May 23, 2018 7:56 am

Thank you for your reponse.
I have, however, already created a customization.

customization1.PNG

customization2.PNG

I have experience creating other stereotypes and customizations and have never had this problem before.
shooson@ford.com
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Posts Rating:0

Return to DSL